Woolworths just opened its latest store at Racecourse Village in Ascot. The newest store is Woolworths’ first next-generation store. It boasts a number of new features guaranteed to create a whole new shopping experience.
The new features, dubbed as “Woolworths 3.0”, include flame-roasted chickens and an array of seafood from a new fish market. Other features include artisan bread and made-to-order cakes from the full production bakery. The Woolworths Ascot store will also feature a new ready meals section. The ready meals section is filled with fresh sandwiches, salads, and healthy juices for customers looking for easy meal options.
Picking up orders in-store is now even more convenient for those who prefer to do their shopping online. There is a dedicated Drive Thru service area at the side of the building with parking bays.
“Woolworths Racecourse Village Ascot marks the next evolution of our journey to create a neighbourhood food store for Queensland customers. It provides a great shopping experience for our local customers, with good prices on products they want, a great fresh offer and the convenience they are looking for,” Woolworths Queensland State Manager, Matthew Franich said.
“Our team has spent a great deal of time understanding how local customers like to shop and designed this store with their shopping needs in mind to create this next-generation grocery shopping experience.”
- Fruit and Vegetables – Shoppers will experience a “marketplace” feel while choosing from an extensive range of Australian fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Deli – Pick up cured meats sliced to order. The can also choose their favourite olives from the deli or select from 90 delicious kinds of cheese.
- Flame-Roasted Chicken – Expertly marinated with breadcrumbs, herbs, and the juice of half a lemon – and hand-stuffed in-store. Free-range chicken is flame roasted to tender perfection for 30 minutes.
- Bakery – Customers can order custom-made party cakes and freshly made pastries. They even have artisan bread loaves and freshly-made flatbread which are perfect for burritos, wraps, and even pizza bases.
- Butcher – A new and free ‘Bag and Bake’ service available in meat and poultry, including Memphis Smokey BBQ, Cajun Seasoning, Herb and Garlic, and Portuguese Seasoning marinades. Meats are sourced locally, organic, and Heart Smart.
- Seafood – Fresh fish caught locally from Australia and New Zealand. There offer free ‘Bag and Bake’ with fantastic marinade options, including tomato and basil, lime and chilli fusion, Thai sweet chilli, roast garlic and herbs, and teriyaki and ginger.
- Macro Wholefoods Market – Pick from an extensive range of certified organic products, including loose nuts, seeds and grains, and gluten-free range.
- Sushi – Made to order and handmade fresh sushi with Platter pre-orders are also available. There are hot Japanese dishes on the takeaway menu, including Poke bowls, Katsu Chicken, and Teriyaki Chicken.
- Pick up – online shopping made convenient through a dedicated Pickup area at the front of the store. Likewise, there is a convenient Drive-thru service to the side of the building with designated parking bays for store-to-boot convenience.
One With the Community
To minimize environmental impact and ensure sustainability, Woolworths used LED lights and carbon-efficient refrigeration and air-conditioning systems.
“Being part of the local community is very important to us, and we’re looking forward to hosting local schools in our Fresh Food Kids Discovery Tours program. We’re also helping minimise food waste via our partnerships with OzHarvest and Foodbank to help provide meals to Australians in need,” Matthew Franich concluded.
Woolworths Ascot is located in Racecourse Village, 188 Nudgee Rd, Ascot.